Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Drained

It feels like I haven't written in ages, but it actually hasn't even been 2 full days. Ran 5 calls on Sunday in about four and a half hours. Nothing too critical. Chest pain, difficulty breathing, another chest pain with projectile vomiting, MVA (no patient injuries), and one more for the life of me I can't remember.

The school event went well; I hope we got some promising new junior members out of it.

Last night's shift with my partner went well - two calls, a 1 year old with a slight fever around midnight and a chest pain around 3. I was hoping for something mildly challenging to show off some knowledge a little, but to no avail.

I don't feel much like writing today - my partner resigned our rescue squad for reasons well out of either of our control at this point, but I'm pretty unhappy right now. It's pretty cool to think that we started when I was a BLS student and went through me getting my BLS clinical hours, precepting BLS, released BLS, being a BLS preceptor myself, and finally an ALS student. At least I have the perfect example of how to be when I'm a released medic one day!

No comments:

Post a Comment